No one says “no” to Sweet (and Easy) Sloppy Joes! Well, OK vegetarians probably would, but that aside, this recipe is a guaranteed slam-dunk with eaters of all ages. When you need to prepare a meal that’s easy, filling, and guaranteed to please even the pickiest diner at the family dinner table, then you can’t go wrong with this one.
The secret to making great sloppy joes? Use great ground beef! Perhaps you should try Zaycon Fresh 93/7 Lean Ground Beef? Just a great idea we had…
Now, here’s how ya make Sweet Sloppy Joes! (This recipe serves four, FYI.)
What You Need:
– 1 poundZaycon Fresh 93/7 Lean Ground Beef
– 1 cup diced bell peppers (red, green, yellow, orange, or a mix – it’s all good)
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 cup dark or golden raisins
– 2 teaspoons chile powder
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
– 4 hamburger buns
What You Do:
- Heat large greased nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Zaycon Fresh 93/7 Lean Ground Beef, bell pepper and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, raisins, chili powder and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
Evenly divide beef mixture on bottom half of each bun. Garnish with toppings, as desired; close sandwiches.
Hey Wait, What Toppings Did You Mean?
Well, these are optional, of course, but any and all of ’em are a good idea…
Chopped mango, chopped jalapeño, chopped tomato, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onion, shredded Cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce… and whatever sounds good!
Share this Post